[ST] RE: eMap eXperience

I found that DeLorme Street Atlas 8.0 is the best software to plan routes.
 When you upload the route to your gps, you can attach Points Of Interest
(POI's) to the route, and determine what kind of POI's and the proximity to
your route. SA 8.0 has all kinds of POIs available, every type of government
servise, repair facility, campground, hotel,bank,restaurant etc. etc., and
you can filter them based on your needs. FOr example, I attached all the
campgrounds within 5 miles of my proposed route in Utah, and found a nice
campground on the shore of Lake Powell about 30 minutes before sunset,
thanks to that.

You will need the Data Cable. Without it , you can't upload routes, maps,
etc.

I don't know what your riding needs will be but I would skip Metroguide and
see if you can substitute Roads and Rec.
I mean, who wants to rip around downtown LA when you could be scraping pegs
on some backroad in the Angeles National Forest?

I also got the USB writer, it is useful for uploading detailed maps to your
memory stick. I have a 32 meg stick, plenty of room for all kinds of maps.
If you upload them through the serial port, you'll be there all day. USB
port, 2 minutes max.

The R&R CD allows you to select county by county detailed maps and upload
them to your GPS, so no matter where you are in the county, you will have a
super detailed map.

If you want to speak to THE MAN about motorcycle GPS, it's Tom at
Cycoactive. Http://www.cycoactive.com

You really don't NEED it, per se, but once you have it you won't want to be
without it. I gar-an-tee that.

Thanks
 CA Stu