Re: [ST] let off gas and idle plummets

>After work, hours later, I get on the bike and start it up and I'm
>talking to a coworker as he walks out and the bike dies.  I start it up
>again okay, but it idles really low--extremely low, like maybe 500rpm or
>less, it hardly registers on the tachometer.  If I give it some gas it
>revs up and seems to run fine, but then when I put the clutch in and let
>off the gas, the idle drops to almost nothing and most times it won't
>hold idle and died.  It died 3 times on the rest of the trip home, and I
>only live 1.5 miles away.

The Sprints do this from time to time. Completely turning the bike off
(ignition all the way to the off position) will reset the computer and the
bike will be back to normal. Different theories abount on what causes it,
but the solution is simple once you know what to do.

I've had it happen three times in 16k miles.

Matt Knowles - matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (707) 786-4643
http://www.aestheticdesign.com

End of st-digest V2001 #384