Re: [ST] RE: Center Stand

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul & Dee"

> "If the centerstand is anything like the ST stand it does not provide a
very
> solid platform for doing chores. It does not go "over center" enough on
the
> ST and the bike never seems very stable on it. . . .

On a closely related topic:

No centrestand provides the same stability as a sidestand (even on level
concrete), unless you believe a friend of mine (a seasoned biker) who thinks
the reverse is true.  I gave up trying to reason with him when it became
apparent that he would not listen to logic.  Not that this is what swayed
him, but he also had an unfortunate incident where he allowed a demo Buell
Lightning to roll off it's sidestand on a slightly-inclined driveway --
clank!!  That bike had a very poorly-positioned sidestand, but I'm sure his
inexperience with the bike had some to do with his misfortune.  The demo
ride cost him about $600 in damage.

I find the ST centrestand to be plenty stable for routine maintenance and I
wouldn't be without it.

Neil