Re: [ST] Cycle Shipping

Greg,

When I sold my 9r to a gentlemen in Oregon it was too cold for a
person transfer of ownership so he had it shipped from Dallas to
Oregon for about 400-500 bucks. He used Allied Van Lines, they seem
to be the best and have ready made oak pallets that they will load
your bike onto. If you can, it is cheaper to go from commercial
address to commercial address. So see if you can find a bike shop
in both places where you can drop your bike off and pick it up.

They did a very good job with the 9, not a scratch. I was talking
to the movers when they where packing up mine. They said they do
all of the bikes for the Texas Ranger, Mavs, Stars, as well as a
couple of collectors.

They where telling me about one bloke that would ship a couple of
bikes between Australia and TX, his two primary residences.

FWIW, when I moved down here from Ottawa, my company paid expenses
for me to ride my bike down here. 4 days riding+3 nights
hotel+meals+mileage was cheaper than flight+rental+shipping.

Thom

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Greg Deshais wrote:

> Hello from snowy New England,
>
> I may be going on a four to six week business trip to southern
> California this spring (installing control systems for new power plants)
> and I'm toying with the idea of shipping the ST.  I'm sure a good number
> of you have experience shipping bikes so I have a few questions:

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664