re: 200 miles

>Sorry, but 200 miles is <<IMHO, you need to give at least 1,000 miles and
><some long rides to
><determine. UNLESS, you are vertically <challenged and the reach is a bit too
><far.

Actually, I am vertically challanged (5'&7"). The reach to the bars has my
body leaned pretty far forward, and I find myself having to hold my head up
to see forward. This gets old pretty fast, especially since I live on Long
Island where traffic is always a problem. I even had to change the bars on
my old Buell Cyclone, which was much less sporty than the RS. With the
GenMars and the ST bars, life is much better.

As for buying in the winter, with a 2 year warrenty, you still get the same
coverage regardless of what time of year you buy, plus the bike is usually
cheaper.
Well time to put some gas in the snow-blower as the blizzard is predicted
to start soon.
Jim
00 RS
00 K1200LT  (bars are just fine)