[ST] for Lisa - 01 Bonny ride

 >>> How's she ride? <<<

 I found the new Bonny to be very much like I expected but in many
ways better and in a couple of respects less.  The ergonomics are
perfect for my daughter and I (both about 5'10") and the C.G. must be
down quite close to the roll center because the balance is excellent.
My daughter found it even easier to ride than our RS, which was
surprising.  It feels light and nimble and I'm amazed at how much
Triumph has learned about suspensions since my '95 Sprint, I thought
the suspension was superb.  The leverage of the wide bars allows you
to really throw the bike around in the twisties and it remains
totally unperturbed, like a proper Brit should.  I'd say it's a match
for my RS up to about 70mph in the corners.

 The engine seems a little tame after the RS but power delivery is
very linear through the RPM range with no surges that I could notice.
It's also the smoothest Triumph I've ever sat on.  It actually works,
feels and sounds very much like Honda's V-4 Interceptors.

 The exhaust note (stock) is a lovely burble very much like my '61
BSA Super Rocket, I didn't spoil it with the optional pipe.

 The seat came straight from the mind of a diabolically demented
proctologist trying to drum up business for his practice and it's
effectiveness can be measured in hemorrhoids created per day.  An
easy improvement is to glue a board on top of the portion you sit on.

 A centerstand is de riguer for a bike with tubed-tires (tubed-tires?
...on a street bike?,... in 2001? ...it's a joke, right?).

 One true pleasure is the size and shape of the handgrips,... very
nice.  There's no tach, but I can't imagine what I'd do with one on a
800cc vertical twin with a rev-limiter.

 All in all an excellent and probably bullet-proof ride, really fun!

                                   Cheers;

                                       doggydo   - - - o%\o

End of st-digest V2001 #132