[ST] Fuel regulator

Hi fellow Triumph Riders,

I'm new to the list and a proud new owner of a 2000 Sprint RS. I posed this question on a couple of other motorcycle-related web forums, but wanted to see if anyone had an answer for me. The fuel regulator has started making a loud buzzing noise and most people told me to have it replaced. I called one dealer who said it would go away on its own after awhile. Another dealer said it would be best to replace but that Triumph no longer covers this replacement. He said that it doesn't effect anything mechanically but is just annoying. Does anyone know if Triumph is really not covering this since people have told me they should.

Thanks!!

- -Mike