Re: [ST] Bill's ears

Previously, you (Jack Hays) wrote:
> 	Bill, I have the same problem. I use the soft foam ear plugs and they
> last twice as long. I cut each pair in half with scissors and they feel
> much better and I really don't notice that much noise difference.

I've had access to a large variety of different ear plugs whenever I
visit a customer factory.  This has given me a chance to try almost
everything available at no cost to me.  I've found some formed (the tip
tapers and the end flares) foam plugs that are comfortable for a few
hours at a time, but not for all-day use.

The one thing I haven't tried is cutting down the tubular (unformed)
foam plugs.  I'll give that a shot.  Thanks for the tip.

For factory visits and in my own show (woodworking, and I've been making
a LOT of sawdust recently) I favor the big yellow industrial earmuffs I
bought years ago.  I can wear them all day with no problem! I wish
they'd fit in my helmet.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL