Re: [ST] Riding schools

John Hawkins wrote:

> Does anybody have any experience with and recommendations on riding schools?

I took the Basic MSF class to get my license, rode for about a year and
a half, then took Freddie Spencer's High Performance Riding School's
"Street Rider Level I" 3-day class (see <http://www.fastfreddie.com/>).
I thought the school was excellent. The instructors focused on the
proper lines for street riding, not for racing -- the lines are
optimized to give you the best vision around the corner. There was a
strong emphasis on being smooth at the controls and learning where the
limits are. The instructors are incredibly approachable and very
supportive, and the student-instructor ratio is low (6 or 8 to 1).

I'd like to go back, but before I go I'd like to try the California
Superbike School <http://www.superbikeschool.com/>. I'm very curious
about the limits of adhesion in braking and cornering. Freddie's school
does a great job letting you practice threshold braking, and in the
three day class you get to ride a dirt bike for half a day, learning how
the ends slide. However, I'd really like to get more experience learning
how a street bike feels sliding -- something that I just didn't feel
comfortable fully exploring with Freddie's F4s. So, I'm hoping Keith
Code's braking bike and slide bike can help me explore this area more fully.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA