RE: [ST] help with roads in PA,NY,OH,WV,VA,CT,MA,VT

If you are looking for scenic roads in PA, there is series of roads that are
just south of the PA/NY border that parallel the border and run through the
PA Grand Caynon.  It has made someone's book of Most Scenic Drives in the
US.

There are tons of country roads that are fun to drive and have great views,
even if the roads aren't in pristine condition.

As for the Interstate Roads, I'll back up Ken.  They are terrible.  Then
only half-decent on is Rt 76, the toll road from Pittsburgh to Philidelphia.

If you are bound for Virginia (Land of Good Roads), then you'll probably be
looking at Rt 81 south through PA and into Maryland.  Pick up 70 East at
Hagerstown, and you are on your way to Washington DC.

Or if you are coming via Niagra Falls, then you'll work your way down to
State College, PA (Home of Penn State U) and from there be on your way to
Route 70 and Virginia/Maryland.  I live in State College, PA, and I recently
moved back to PA from Virgina, so I'm familiar with many different ways to
get to VA via back roads or main roads.

As for Canada, what part are you coming from? I'm planning a spring Canada
trip up to Niagra and Toronto, then around Ottowa Lake, then back home
through Syracuse, NY.  I'd like to get some tips for traveling in that
region

Feel free to hit me off list

- --Joel

Joel.Ashman@xxxxxxxx