Re: [ST] Riding schools

John,

I've taken Keith Code, Reg Pridmore, and Dennis Pegelow's dP Safety
School. Both Code and Pridmore teach stuff that is valuable on the
street, with Pridmore's school being more street oriented than
Code's. Pridmore also runs two groups instead of three, so you get
more track time for your money. I have an in-depth write-up on my web
site at:

http://www.photobitstream.com/sys-tmpl/motorcycleridingschoolscompared/

Pegelow's school is the least valuable of the three for people new to
tracks, and emphasizes racing lines more than any critical riding
skills. It is a good school for people who want to go fast, but not
for people just wanting to learn better street techniques. Pegelow
does, however, have the best lunches of the three.

You can't go wrong with Code or Pridmore. I've signed up myself and
my son with both schools this year, and plan to take at least one
Pegelow school myself this fall.

Darron Spohn
Hollister, CA