Re: [ST] Fuel regulator

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerrit Herbst"

> Mine also has the built in buzzer utility and it never fails... it buzzes
> from the time you activate the ignition until the engine management light
> goes off (exactly synchronised lasting approx 2 - 2.5 seconds)

When exactly does the engine management light go off?  Is it before or after
you hit the starter button?  I hadn't noticed but I would have assumed the
latter.

Anyway, I always wait till the buzzing stops *before* hitting the starter.
I thought I read a while back that you should do this to allow the fuel
system to fully pressurize.  Sounded gooded to me.  And I'm still sticking
to the suggestion that this brief buzzing behaviour is normal, even if there
are some bikes that are silent in this regard.  But I'm sure I couldn't
stand it if the buzzing continued, and was noticeable, after the bike had
started -- hot, cold, at idle, or at speed.

For those that have this annoyance, and have had no luck with a warranty
claim thus far -- are you *sure* that Triumph is hearing an adequate
description of the problem, or are they just suggesting that some noise is
not unusual without knowing that we're talking about a loud noise that
continues after startup?  I've always assumed that, to a significant degree,
Triumph relys on dealer input for verifying the validity of any given
warranty claim, so maybe something is being lost in the translation.

Hoping for some other opinions on what I view as a customer satisfaction
issue, not a hardware issue per se,
Neil