[ST] Security

Because I've not been on any "stay over" trips on the RS I've been happy to
carry one of the Abus range of disc locks. The bike is rarely out of site
for long. However I'm planning some longer trips especially to see some WSB
and Moto GP events abroad and in the UK. This will obviously mean leaving
the bike in hotel and event car parks, sometimes overnight. I know the usual
advice is to use as much security as possible and to try to chain the bike
to immovable objects or other bikes but where do alarm/immobilisers , which
are pretty expensive stand. Do you think you need chain and alarm
/Immobiliser or will one be reasonable without the other.
Obviously there is the annoyance of carrying chain around but I guess if
your touring there is room for it in the luggage. I was thinking about the
Triumph alarm which is the Datatool Veto Evo but it is very expensive to fit
and my dealer's rep who has one fitted is having it removed because it is
always going wrong and leaving the bike immobilised.
Any advice?
Roger Downham
00 RS Eclipse Blue