Re: [ST] Pit Bull Front Stand Adapter for RS

Hi Randy,

My service has been down. I'm sorry I have taken so long to get back to you. I
also have trouble with clearance at the front fender. It's a very tight squeeze.
The sure thing is to remove the front fender, which isn't hard at all and in turn
makes it easier to remove the horn, which has to be removed to fit the lift pin in
the steering stem. I'll take a picture for you on Monday, soon as I remember to
bring a camera home from work.

I use a forklift front stand with a forklift converter. It's like a regular lift
with a hinge in the middle. Have a look at Pit Bull's web page. This arrange ment
makes it much easier to overcome the clearance problem. Pin #4 is the proper
attachment to the steering stem. It's consists of a pin and collar. The pin is
about 5 inches long (I didn't take it apart to measure. it could be a little
longer) and 0.748 inches in dia. and the pinch collar that can be slid on the pin
is 1.49 in dia and .5 in wide. It has a screw to tighten it on the pin. The collar
is used to adjust the depth the pin goes into the steering stem. The depth doesn't
seem to matter very much. Pin #4 is recommended for most all Triumphs (see Pit
Bull usage chart). Unfortunately, the Speed Triple calls for a different pin and
adapter, which is what you might have. No sweat though, you can still order the
correct adapter from Pit Bull.

jhs

> I got a 2nd hand Pit Bull front stand (and rear) from a friend that used it
> on a Speed Triple.  The front unit is supposed to have the correct adapter
> for the RS/ST but the horizontal arm hits the top of the front fender and
> therefore won't lift it without damaging the fender.
>
> Can you either describe yours or send a picture of what the correct front
> adapter is supposed to look like?
>
> Appreciate it...
>
> Randy in AZ

- --