[ST] GenMar risers on RS

After 9000 miles and me being a year older, I'm finding that the riding
position is starting to get uncomforable, so I'd like to try the GenMars.

I know it has been mentioned in this list that there are a few of you that
have put GenMar risers on your RS.  I'm trying to figure out how that can
work; since some have put them on, it must, but it appears to me that the
clip-ons would hit the windshield fairing at full lock.  When I put my front
wheel at full lock, there is only about 1/2 - 3/4" of clearance between the
bars and the fairing; if the GenMar risers are 1-1/4", it seems the bars in
the area of the controls (e.g. throttle) would hit the fairing.  Do you have to
rotate the controls to make clearance, or do they just fit OK?

Please help; I'm confused!  (That could be partly due to that year older
thing... :-)

- -Keith
'00 RS