[ST] TT600 racing

It was good in parts! Darren qualified in damp conditions in 9th, which
was head of the 3rd row. It was an ok postition for his first race ride
on the bike.

The race was wet, what else for England in March. He made a very poor
start and was in 21st at lap one. Gradually though he worked his way
into the top ten, a very good ride indeed. But. Last lap moving up to
behind the 8th man he lost the front going into Redgate corner on the
brakes. Nice gentle slide with the usual bits knocked off. Darren was
fine and we rushed him back to the paddock as he was out straightaway
on his 250GP Honda. He had qualified that on pole, had another poor
start as the second on the grid put his bike sideways, speedway style,
and dropped to 4th. He did well and eventually came home in second
spot.

Overall we were very impressed with Darren on his first race with
the TT in tricky conditions. Until dropping it he was the 4th
quickest on the circuit.

Next weekend we are dragging the Daytona out for a meeting at Brands
Hatch where Francis Williamson will be attacking Aprilia RSV's in
the Superstock. Should be fun. Francis started his season yesterday
with a fine win in the Powerbike race on his R7.

Harry the Hampster