[ST] heated grips

Installed the Triumph heated grips on the ST yesterday.

No specific problems encountered, though I'm interested to see how the
throttle-side wires stand up to the constant twisting caused by the grip
moving all the time. We shall see...

As I think I mentioned on this list, I didn't fancy cutting a 2" x 1" hole
in the top of the fairing for the stock switch, so I bought a 3-position
pull-push auto headlight switch from Canadian Tire. Just needed a single
7/16" dia. hole in the fascia panel just inboard from the fairing. It's not
illuminated, of course, but I'm planning to wire in an LED on the
instrument panel.

No chance to do a full test yet, but both grips are definitely warming.

While I was at the Tire, I picked up a 132dB Fiamm horn to replace the
wimpy stock hooter. Will report on that later...

Robert Smith--Freelance Writer
'00 ST Sapphire
Vancouver, BC
www.smith.bc.ca