Re: [ST] Buying a '00 ST?

Hi dude, im not biased yet. ive owned a NINJA 600R 86, CBR 600 F2 91, ZX-7
93, FZR1000 93, YZF1000 96, BMW R1100GS 97, SUZUKI DR650 96, ZX-11 95 and
finally a ST 2000. so as you can see i don't care what make it is, as long
as its a good bike. after all those bikes  ( spread across 11 years ) i
kinda have a good idea of what is a good bike.

first tell me what you really want to do with it ( miles/day/year, week-end,
work...) and ill tell you whats best for you. obviously if youre looking at
the VFR, your in the same minding as me or close to.

                              SPRINT ST VS VFR 800

                         roll-ons 60-80 mph: 3.83 vs 5.23
                         top speed : about 155 mph each
                         oem bags vs ugly aftermarket
                         top bag vs aftermarket
                         reliability: so far real good name, no major things
vs legendary
                         looks: up to you, about the same for me
                         suspension: real close
                         brakes: ST a bit better
                         build quality: suprisingly close
                         comfort: twins almost
                         maintenance: less complicated valve check on ST
                         sastisfied so far: you bet, first bike i keep 2
years in a row
                         conclusion: more motor, saddlebags, different
need more, then jim.jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx