[ST] Vision plus; horn

Installed the Philips vision plus bulbs in the ST last night. I found I
didn't need to remove the cockpit after all (it looked like a real PITA),
but it was definitely easier to get to the back of the headlights with the
side panels removed. Apart from one of the bulb retaining clips falling off
(more PITA trying to reinstall it), the process went quite smoothly, even
if it did take me an hour or more. Hope I never have to do it at the side
of the road in the dark.

I did a quick side-to-side comparo with one bulb only changed. Light is
considerably brighter - in the garage, anyway. No road test opportunity yet.

Then I installed the Fiamm horn. A straight swap, pretty much. Easier if
you remove the horn mounting bracket from the bike. It bolts to the lower
triple tree with two Torx.

Electrical was a snap. The horn comes with an adapter that converts the two
post terminals to spades. They're even the right size to plug into the
stock wiring. Fifteen minute job total.

No test report on the horn. 132dB in the (integral) garage at 9:30pm
wouldn't go down well with 'er indoors. Horn cost $29.95 (Cdn) at Canadian
Tire.

Robert "Sheep Dawg" Smith--Freelance Writer
'00 ST Sapphire
Vancouver, BC
www.smith.bc.ca