[ST] Harley

I know many people like to joke about HD but you have to ask yourself why
Ford make a HD edition truck?  Because it will sell.  Why is every Jap
cruiser styled like a Harley?  Because they will sell.  Now don't get me
wrong I am not a "real' Harley man but I do own one.  Actually in a few
weeks I won't anymore, but it is selling for $2600.00 more than I paid
for it. ( Hope I don't jinx myself here.)  In the length of time I have
had the bike I have changed the oil and replaced the headlight and tires.
 Not too bad for American junk!  It has never let me down and I have
never had to adjust anything!  I think one bike mag listed the EVO Harley
as the most maintenance free bike made.  The rubber mount motor is very
smooth and the bike is very well balanced.  No I'm not trying to compare
it to a Sprint because that's apples and oranges but I am saying that for
me, it has been a great bike.  But It's not the bike for the kind of
riding I want to do.  My Sprint offers wind protection and a better
seating position for my lower back, with my back I can't ride a cruiser
for more than an hour.  I'm sure there will be days that I will miss that
bike but I know that I will be much better off with the Triumph.  And I
just don't fit in too well with those DRs and lawyers that ride those
Harleys!
     I know you have all heard it before but HD has come a long way since
the AMF days.  Just like the new Triumph bikes have.
     I guess I'll have to hear that from someone who knew someone that
had a Triumph 30 years ago," don't those things all leak oil?"
     If you never had the experience of ownership, don't knock it.....my
.02

00ST
87Superglide
95 DR350