RE: [ST] 17 tooth sprocket

- -----Original Message-----

could you be more specific ?  improvement ? psst ! does it wheelie in 2nd
gear if you use the clutch ?                   8^)

- ----------------------------------
NEW -----------------------------------------------------

Jim,
  If you have the '00 model it is a dramatic difference.  I just swapped
mine around and with the half decent weather here in NJ, occasionally, have
just finished off 1 tank of gas.  Even with my rather rotund self( read:
~280lbs ) perched on top it will get air, rather easily if I want it.  That
first tank only netted me 40 MPG, lot's of playing and running up to 6K or
so before shifting, by shifting back to my "easy" riding I'm hoping to hit
the upper 40's for highway runs.
  The difference between the 17 and 19 tooth sprockets,in RPM, was only an
extra 500 revs, so I opted for the extra kick of the 17.  Given the
prevailing wisdom about adding torque when changing your sprockets I guess I
added 6-8 ft-lbs at the wheel.  Since I'm not really interested in being the
fastest, I'll take the torque over top end speed(to a point).

It was fun surprising the kiddies with my pregnent bike, hard bags, before
now I almost can't wait to find one.

Brad "Deviled Dawg" Applegate
'00 Sapphire Blue Sprint ST