[ST] RE: ST vs VFR

Howdy,

	You had to know I could not let this go on hehe... It is
readily apparent that you folks have all been brainwashed by the
Triumph propaganda machine or are actually secret marketing agents
in disguise ;-)  I would not take the word of anyone here or on the
VFR list about which bike is better. Get thee down to a shop or
find a friend with one and test ride both bikes if you can. Every
review I have read has had one win over the other by the margin of
a gnats _ss at best. Haiving ridden both, I like both. The Sprint
has more torque down lower which just means the VFR has to shift a
gear lower and rev about 1000 rpm higher. I don't mind that because
I get to listen to that lovely V4 growl hehe. Bear in mind though,
the VFR can be had for new at $8000 if you shop even a little.
Also, parts and repair are cheaper for the VFR. The parts just for
my wife's Legend are more than the VFR. But if you like that
"exclusive" appeal of a British bike, get the ST. They both get
about the same mileage and hold the same amount of gas. I am not
sure why one lister said the VFR is more expensive to insure. I
have complete comprehensive, medical, blah blah blah, witha $250
deductible for $600 per year through USAA. That was even with less
than a year riding experience when I bought the bike. I would call
around to different compaines for quotes, they can vary wildly!  I
just wish I could afford to have one of each so I would not get
teased when I came to the TSRA rallies ;-)

Adios,

Scott "Jap Dawg" Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx
1998 Honda VFR 800