[ST] Re: Fiamm horn

I had a look at Fiamm's website (http://www.fiamm.com) and noticed the
following:

1.  Whoever mentioned that the F72112 model was not listed on this site was
right, but I noticed that the AM100/L appears to be *very* similar, if not
identical.  This is the lo-note version, and the only difference appears to
be the sound level specification.  The packaging of the F72112 says 132
decibels, and the website states 111 db(a).  To me this suggests that the
132 spec is either 'optimistic' or that db(a) represents a slightly
different method of measurement.  To be honest, I didn't think the F72112
was *that* loud (at least not painful), but it is more than adequate.

2.  They also list model AM80, which appears to be a slightly more compact
model, is a dual-note horn, and it is listed at 112 db(a).  BTW, a 1 db
difference would be *barely* discernable.  The AM100 (dual-note) is spec'd
at 114 db and is the loudest of this type although even that wouldn't be
much louder

3.  Headquarters for Fiamm is in Italy, but there are two U.S.-based
companies that are part of the Fiamm Group.  Fiamm Technologies, Inc. is
printed on the packaging for the F72112, and the website lists the complete
address as follows:

F.I.A.M.M. T.I.
F.I.A.M.M. TECHNOLOGIES INC
550 Leeson Street
49601 Cadillac, (MI)
U.S.A.
Tel 001 616 7793502

4.  Fiamm products appear to be marketed under a number of other brand names
and these are listed on the website, but I do not know if any apply to
horns.  Fiamm makes other products such as batteries. BTW, the website also
indicates that Fiamm products are used by many auto manufacturers as
original equipment, Ferrarri being one of them . . . . way cool!

beep .. beep
Neil