Re: [ST] Can't get Neutral

Previously, you (Joshua Hawkins) wrote:
> [... problems with neutral ...]

I had a lot of problems with finding neutral on my ST at first.  Then a
discussion on this list prompted me to try something.

I used my bike for commuting for a week -- lots of stop and go traffic.
During that week I made sure to NEVER shift out of 1st below 7000RPM.
By the end of the week shifting out of first was smooth as silk (the
problem I was trying to solve) and finding neutral was much, much
easier.

It turns out that I'd been short-shifting out of 1st ever since I got
the bike.  I suspect that the low end of the transmission had never been
properly broken in because of that.

It works fine now, and getting better all the time.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"