Re: [ST] State Farm

Robert Reid writes:
>In Ontario, State Farm bases their rates on engine size, driver rating and
>the model year of the bike (and the deductible of course).

>For comparison's sake, I had State Farm give me full coverage quotes on 9-10
>different models, all with the same $500 deductible, all but one a 2000
>model (this was last April). I was 34, with a clean record.

>All 600s -  $533
>SV650   - $ 724
>VFR800 - $750
>99 Sprint ST - $759
>00 Sprint ST - $770  .... same rate for TL1000, VTR1000, Ducati 996
>CBR1100XX - $789
>Hayabusa - $ 840ish (I don't have the quote written down, but that's close
enough).

Interesting - I'm still lurking around the list, and my ZX-6 seems to be
about on target in your quote.  I had heard nearly a dollar a cc, which
made it sound like the ST could be nearly $1000 a year, but $750-770
doesn't seem too bad.  I'm 35 and also with State Farm (home, PLUP, 2
cars, bike).

The one thing that really annoys me with State farm is that your years
of accident free etc. are per policy, which covers only 1 car.  I've
been able to swap policies back and forth between cars to get the best
discount for the most expensive to insure vehicle, but since the same
people are driving them it all seems rather silly.  Also for a while in
the late 80's (a year) I had no car policy, but I did have a motorcycle
policy.  When I got another car it was back to square one, which took me
until the late 90s to get back to full accident free status (at least on
that policy, my second car is on a policy started in 92 or 93 so I guess
it'll get a further discount in a couple of years.

>Accessories didn't add to the cost of my policy but they must be declared.

>- -Robert Reid
>sprint_rider@xxxxxxxxxxxx

- --

Thanks.