Re: [ST] 17 tooth sproket question

At 02:50 PM 3/17/01 -0600, Lex Offer wrote:
>Could he mean these are genuine Triumph parts?

yes

>  If so you might look at part numbers listed there.

I posted the part number already for the 17 - it is T1180178 and is 17.01uk
excluding tax.

>On that note, I was talking to a friend of mine (ex-parts counter guy),
>and when I mention possibly ordering stuff from Jack Lilley, he made a
>face.  It wasn't that he didn't like Jack Lilley Ltd. but that shipping
>costs can be horrendous.

He obviously never ordered from him because the shipping costs are really
not much different than if you shipped something from coast to coast in the
US. The only time it is noticeably higher is when you need something
overnighted.

>Can anyone who's ordered from Jack Lilley Ltd, clue me in on how bad the
>shipping costs really are?

When I needed the chain rubbing strip (which no one in the US stocks for
some odd reason) Lilley had it to me in a few days for only $8US postage.
Of course it will vary by weight, but I have never had a shipping cost
which I felt was too high. If you are concerned about a certain item, email
steve and he can have one of his employees figure out how much your item
would cost to ship.

- -Eric