Re: [ST] Engine Temperature

Jim,

214 to 215 is the temperature at which the fan kicks in and in the kind of
temperatures you're riding, it will usually drop back from that point without
going higher.  The fan turns off at 199 or 200.

On hot days around here (northern California), such as when the temps
reach the upper 90s, I've seen the temperature go as high as 220 before
falling back.

These temps in the 200s only occur when stopped or moving very slowly,
however; when moving at even moderate speeds, I never see temps above
195 or so, even on hot days.

HTH.

- -Keith
'00 RS