Re: [ST] frame sliders?

At 11:58 AM 3/19/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>having replaced one RS sidepanel due to a bonehead tipover (the signal
>stalk hit the ground, and punched a hole clean through the panel) i'm
>kind of interested in avoiding this in the future.
>
>since _i'm_ likely to remain boneheaded, my chances of changing the bike
>are better -- is there a way to make the RS more hard-headed as well?
>i haven't seen any mention of frame sliders, nor am i sure there are
>any suitable mounting points, but thought i'd ask...

I would be very interested in a couple of teflon fairing protectors for my
RS, especially for my track days... but don't know if they can be installed
on the RS. Maybe Steve Lilley can help us, I've seen they have adapted some
teflon protectors for their racing TT 600... could be they've done
something similar for the RS too.

The crash bars made by Thunderbike
(http://www.thunderbike.co.nz/sales/CrashBars/SprtRScb.htm) should be very
functional but I find them really ugly.