Re: [ST] Sport tourer reviews

>More curiosity on my part, but has anyone thrown a leg over the Duc ST4-S
>yet?  The thought of the 996's lump on that thing is a tad exciting.

Unless I'm mistaken, the ST-4 Ducati has the older 916 4-valve engine, not
the 996. It's said to be a much better ride than the ST-2 because of the
improved engine, but they are otherwise the same bike.

A fiend of mine who owns the ST-2 recently bought a new 748S, and now says
his ST-2 "rides like a bus." The Ducati's are a fine machine, but it they do
require more stringent adherence to the factory's maintanence schedule to
assure reliability. Moreoever, the training level and skills of a Ducati
service technician are of paramount importance because of the machine's
intricate engineering and assembly. Any old hack can work on a Triumph and
it'll still work fine, even me. :-)

Ken M.
'00 RS