Re: [ST] Warped rotors

Actually there is a reason why a repaired disc is more likely to warp again than a new one.  When the disc becomes warped the thickness become very slightly non-uniform.  Then when straighten, micro-fractures are created which will cause hot spots when the disc heats up during braking.
Unless he reheats the disc to almost molten then straightens it, then retempers it, the disc will not perform the same as new.

>...There is absolutely no reason why a repaired disc is any more
>likely to warp again than a new one is. A disc is just a flat piece of >steel, it doesn't have any magical powers, it can be straightened like >any other piece of steel. If you are calling me cheap because I chose >to spend $60 dollars instead of $ 600 then yes I am cheap.
>
>Ashley
>'00 Spondon 955i
>'95 Speed Triple

Lex "Digital Dawg" Offer