[ST] Spring snow ride

We've had a l-o-n-g snowy winter up here in the New England (northeast USA)
area. I got out once in the last 4 months, and I ride in just about
anything!

Just itching to get some miles on today, my 11 year old son and I saw a
break in the passing
clouds, so we headed in to gear up for a spin. I figured we had time to do
130 to 160 miles before dark.

Just as we were putting helmets on, a light sprinkle. No problem, we've got
waterproof gear now. Off we went. About 10 miles out, the rain started
mixing with "something other". Thought about turning around, but with these
new heated gloves on the heated grips, new Goretex/Sympatex jackets, we're
fine. It's still too warm for sticky snow anyhow.

Not 5 minutes later, it became a full-fledged snow squall. If the snow on my
faceshield wasn't clouding my view we wouldn't have turned for home, but it
was. Couldn't see much, and it was starting to stick to the road. Rats.

Oh well, a 21 mile ride is better than no ride at all, I say. Hope some of
you had a good time today too! And I DON'T want to hear about any sunshiney
rode-in-my-T-shirt rides either. Keep those to yourself, we're getting
depressed around here.

Ken M.