[ST] Re: for Peter

>I don't understand how I am defrauding the insurance company or how your
>rates could be affected.  I certainly expect my rates to increase!

Because instead of paying to repair the lightly damaged parts, which it
seems you intend to you, they're paying to replace them. They are getting
parts back from you which have less economic value (I assume they resell
them, and don't have an immense warehouse of dinged parts), and you're
pocketing the difference. My rates (and all the other ratepayer rates) will
go up, because they base their rates on their historic loss payout
(there've been a bunch of disserations on this, I'm not that good at that
kind of math). But the kindergarden version is that they take their
investment income, subtract their claims, and the balance has to be made up
for in rates.

Most importantly, when I have a claim, I expect them to perform to
contract. I can comfortably take that position, and when necessarily hammer
them to do it, because what they do when they try and screw over claimants
is immoral. When we're happily ripping them off as well, it's all just sort
of the same thing then, isn't it? And they're perfectly justified in
endless investigation, delay, and obfuscation.

MarcD