[ST] Frame Sliders Question

This maybe a dumb question but I'll ask anyway... If the sliders are
attached to the frame/ motor mount if one where to have a get off or
have the bike fall over onto the slider wounldn't the force of the
impact be transmitted to the frame? If so, then isn't it possible
that instead of just buggering up some body work that one might
instead damage the frame?? I'm just figuring the force of the impact
has to go some where.. I'd rather the body work absorb the impact and
get trashed figure $300-$400.00 for a body panel than bend or tweek
the frame which I'm SURE would cost more than a body panel to get
repaired or replaced...If I'm wrong someone PLEASE let me know :-)

Erik