Hesitant dealers?

I went to my local Triumph dealer today and asked to look through their
catalogues for a new exhaust for my RS. Upon my asking, they said that they
really do not recommend putting on anything other than what Triumph
offers--that is, the race can. Their explanation was that since Triumph is
the only one who provides the proper settings for the mapping, adding any
other exhaust would be sheer guessing as far as the mapping goes.

Is this right, or are they just lazy and don't want to spend any time
working on my bike?

Thanks.

Jason
2000 Lucifer Orange Sprint RS