[ST] Re: Camera mount Andrea Matta

At 09:11 PM 3/26/2001 +0200, Quirien M. Wijnberg wrote:
>Hi,
>
>OK, here's the obvious question. :-)
>Did you make the camera mount yourself? If so, would we be able to order it,
>and at what price? It seems that this design is smaller and would fit better
>on the bike together with the Bagster.

http://www.triumphnet.com/st/upload/P0002182.JPG

It was made by a friend of mine (my do-it-yourself skills are very limited)
after I showed him Matt Knowles' camera mount pictures.
I didn't want the camera to stay behind the tank cap, even if I won't "see"
the mirrors from there, because the RS has lower bars than the ST and in a
rearer position I would hit the camera with my chest. So he decided to
remove the legs from a short aluminium tripod (that you can find in a store
at around 30 $) and replace them with a metal disc to function as a base to
be attached to the tank cap. The base disc is attached to the tripod with a
long screw. Construction was pretty simple, and no weldings needed. As you
can see from the picture the camera mount can be installed on the bike with
no tools at all in a few seconds. It can be used with a camcorder too.

I have to ask my friend if he would be interested in building others of
these for those of you that would like to buy one. Will let you know his
answer.

Andrea

         Andrea@xxxxxxxxx
  Triumph Sprint RS (lampu grogu)