RS: [ST] Hesitant dealers?

I was told the same thing when I was looking for a new exhaust for my RS last month.  I didn't believe it for a minute.  The triumph race pipe is just a glasspack, just like all the others out there.  I wound up buying a two brothers oval pipe.  I had the 10021 tune downloaded which is one of only three available for the RS.  The 10021 is the tune for "aftermarket exhaust" according to the shop manual.  The technician set the CO for 3% and now it runs fine.  I put the pipe on and rode the bike for about an hour before getting the new tune downloaded.  In that time, the bike surged on acceleration away from stoplights and backfired lightly thru the airbox.  The new tune cured all of that.  The bike has more "zing" now and the sound is great.  It kind of howls and burbles at the same time.  Get what ever pipe you want and just have them load the tune.

Rob
Yellow '00 RS  "Bonnie"