RE: [ST] Making the right choice

After coming off four years on an ST1100 and putting 70k miles on it, I was
a little concerned about being comfortable myself. A week ago I had a chance
to ride 700 miles down and back on Interstate 5 to No. California for a
couple track days at Thunder Hills Racetrack. To make the bike as
comfortable as possible, I've installed GenMar risers, tinted sport/touring
screen from Zero Gravity, Vista Cruise throttle lock and the Corbin seat.
I was very pleased to discover the ST is every bit as capable for
long-distance touring. It's not quite as comfortable as the ST1100, (and I
miss the 300 plus mile range on each tank of gas) but what the Triumph gives
up in comfort it makes up in more sporting ability. Which is why I switched.
With the GenMar risers, my upper body feels in the same position as I was on
the ST1100, only the footpegs to seat ratio is much tighter. So it wasn't
surprising that the only place I experienced discomfort while droning for
hours up the Interstate was in my knees.

Brett
Seattle