[ST] New to list

Hey folks,

Just picked up a 99 ST in black a few weeks ago.  It's my first bike since
an 86 year old in an oldsmombile tried to remove my legs at the knees while
riding my VTR 1000 to work.  I'm still a bit gimped 1&1/2 years later and
apprecciate the comfyness of the ST. I sure would appreciate any input from
the bigger guys out there regarding suspension mods (I'm 6'5", 270 lbs).  I
have race-teched the front end already, but don't have the bread for ohlins
or penske rear.  Hyper-pro makes a rising rate replacement spring($99) and
race-tech said they can fiddle the stock shock for some improvement($200),
but they don't make a gold valve for it.  Anyone had any success with this
route, or should I start eating Ramen Noodles for the next few months and
save for the real deal?

Rick Cooper
99 ST
98 Superhawk(RIP)