Re: [ST] rear wheel bearings

Hi Rick,

I spotted free play in my rear wheel at 6000 miles. Had it checked by the
dealer and it was given the OK.
I now have 45000 miles and the free play is exactly the same amount, no
handling problems.

In short a small amount of play is normal. The dealer explained that for
single sided setups this is normal.
Come to think of it my old BMW K75S also had some movement in it.

Don't worry.

Regards, Ian
Kent, England