[ST] throttle lock

In a message dated 3/28/01 9:56:19 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Anyone with recommendations on throttle locks? (I've heard of
throttlemeister, and
now this Vista Cruise).  How do they work? How well do they work?
On the touring screen, where does the airblast hit you?  Does it take too much
weight off your wrists?  How loud is it?
John Hawkins
'99 ST >>

After going to Daytona and back with a Throttlemeister, I remain unconvinced
of its value. Ijn order to maintain constant speed over hills and dales, and
to maintain correct spacing with the group, constant minute adjustments of
the throttle are necessary. Because of the resistance of the throttle lock,
more force is needed than if the lock was off. I find my grip tends to
tighten whn the lock is on, making my hand just as tired, or perhaps more so,
than it would be with no lock. Dave Collins, San Diego