RS praise

Hi Peeps

David from Aberdeen (the real one in Scotland) here. After months of
lurking on the edge I am declaring. I have a Lucifer Orange RS which is
2000 model bought in the January sales. Since then it has not stopped
snowing or raining. I have put about 1,900 miles of messy tar under the
wheels so would like to adopt the moniker "Salty Dawg". Along with the
turning of 1,800 miles came the first instance of neutral selection from
first while stationary (or is it stationery?). Hurray.

I have many years of riding behind me including 500cc Daytonas (2), Tiger
650 (1) and several UJMs of varying capacities. This Sprint RS is leagues
ahead of any other bike in terms of overall satisfaction. What a gem to
travel on in any weather. I thought that my enthusiasm for two
wheels had waned, but that was just boredom with lifeless modern machines.
I am thoroughly delighted.

One question. The rear suspension is great for fast roads of reasonable
uniformity of surface. It is too hard for some of the rippled smaller roads
near here. At any speed I spend the trip in suspended animation about two
inches off the seat. Before I go fiddling has anyone tried reducing the
preload to cope with this and if so were there any adverse effects. I
turned it back for one trip but not a lot and noticed no improvement.

I have subscribed to the digest since I travel a lot so may take a while to
answer any messages.

Thanks to the listers for hours of harmless fun.

Salty Dawg Dave