[ST] Re: st-digest V2001 #245

> Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 00:07:30 -0500
> From: "Robert Head" <mchead@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [ST] Other Bikes
>
> Hello.
>
> Has anyone seen or had a ride on either the Yamaha FJR1300 or the Aprilia
> RST Futura?
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert
Hi Robert
Over the weekend of the 27th ~ 29th the Nomads Motor Cycle Club of Cape
Town, South Africa held their 24th annual Buffalo. Two bikes were given
away.
The first one was the latest 2001 Honda CBR 600 and the second was a FJR
1300 Yamaha. This was done by way of a lucky entrance ticket draw.
I had a the privilege of sitting on the Yamaha and can tell you felt just
right for the long road with every thing in the rite place. This bike is
going to take a lot of beating. It sounds great too. I have ridden the both
BMW's, K & R series over long distances, at present I have a Yamaha 1.1
which I've owned for 17 years and a Sprint ST (blue) for one month.
MSN has a test of the FJR on their web site.

All The Best
Bobby.