[ST] Oiling the Rear Brake

I was wondering if anyone else has trouble with the chain oil contaminating the rear
brake?  I used several different oils so far, which always fling off and wind up
lubricating the rear disk.  My favorite chain lube, the PJ Black and Yellow stuff,
has been the best, in that it is so sticky, relatively little flies off.  However,
even with that, I find myself with no rear brake sometimes if I over lube the chain
at all.  I have been able to bring the rear brake back by hosing it brake cleaner,
and slowly regaining braking over a few days as it wears in.  The rear disk is
simply too close to the chain, and it seems some kind of disk guard is needed. Is it
only me, or do other people have the same problem?

Rick Hartwick
00 Sprint ST

P.S.

I had written last week on instability in gusty winds at high speeds.  I dropped the
rear pre-load a few turns, and the bike definitely became more stable, although I
have not had the chance to try it in severe cross winds yet.  I guess the 93 mm of
trail is pretty quick steering, and fairly small attitude adjustments have a
measureable effect on the steering.