Scottoiler, tyre wear, fuel consumption

My dealer agreed before purchase that unrelated warranty items will be
dealt with as if there was no oiler. e.g. Howlin's seat cover. Related
claims which may have been caused by my fitting an automatic oiler will be
dealt with fairly on their merits. No question of invalidating the
warranty. I wonder if any people have been put off buying by the statement
since touring and oilers go together?

I cannot imagine how you could get more than 5,000 miles from the OEM rear
tyres on an RS. I doubt if mine will last more than 4,000 at the
current wear rate (BT020s). I am no tearaway (no wheelies, no stoppies, no
burnouts) at my age but do try to enjoy the overall capability of the
RS.

Fuel. I generally get around 44-46mpg (Imperial ones). But I have been
experiencing significant drops from that on occasions when I ride "more
spiritedly". I would not think that 38mpg is bad for consistent fast riding
when some four cylinder bikes I have ridden like that hit the low thirties.

Hope all of the above is helpful.

Salty Dawg Dave