[ST] Re:

Just echoing what Darren said,

>Also check the cable near the nipples, it may be about to break.

I couldn't get neutral at all when I pulled to a stop with the bike running.
Likewise the bike wouldn't come out of first. Just before I dropped it off
at the dealer for a service it broke.

Cheers, Josh.

This was discussed a few weeks back and the general consensus was that it is
a 'break in' issue.
Just over a week ago my cable and nipple parted company and the temporary
nipple fitted by the RAC man to the now shorter cable, sorted out the
neutral problem! This suggests it is adjustment rather than a 'break in'
problem.

I am still awaiting a new cable from the dealer and in the meantime have had
a drop of solder put on the temp. nipple. The dealer told me the cable is
not covered under warranty but he would try and get it approved because of
the low mileage (1.4k miles). I mentioned 'Sale of Goods' and on his return
from the toilet, he assured me there would be not cost!!! I'm not sure now
if I should have the new one fitted when it arrives. Can anyone foresee any
problems if I continue to use what is now (in my humble opinion) a permanent
fix?

Mike McElroy

01 ST (Red Naturally)