Re: [ST] Re: Nuetral problems

 > Check the freeplay in the clutch cable.
 >
 > Triumph recommend something ridiculous like 0.4 - 1.0 mm.
 > You must keep the freeplay adjusted down to this amount if you want
 > any hope of getting nuetral, plus it makes the gearchanges smoother
 > as well.  Just ignore the little voice in your head saying that
 > isnt enough & it will ruin the clutch....

thanks!  this was it.  it turned out my clutch lever had something well over 1/2"
of play at the tip of the lever, which i kind of liked since it moved
the friction zone in toward the grip where i prefer it.  but readjusting
fixed my stuck-in-first problem.

it sure seems like triumph may have partially mis-designed the clutch
throw length, or total lever travel, or something.

 > I have another bike with an undercut gearbox & a dragging clutch.
 > Sometimes to get nuetral I have to engage the clutch to creep
 > forward a couple of inches, pull the clutch & shift into 2nd, then
 > go into nuetral from 2nd.  I think the problem is caused by clutch

i actually do that on the RS all the time -- except for the creeping
forward part.  going up from first i always go to second, but then i
can easily get to neutral from there.

paul