Re: [ST] RE: Countersteering

I think you will find that more than a few 'respected' people who do
motorcycle schools in this country (USA) teach you to 'steer' a motorcycle
by applying pressure with feet or legs. NEVER believed it personally since
one day about 30 years ago when I was just playing around with the bars
while riding home from work on a nice back road. I think the No BS bike just
proves the fact. Not that I would suggest anyone try this, but if you were
to get your bike going down a hill about 50 or so, remove your hands from
the bars you would find that your motorcycle just won't do much of anything
to change direction when you try using the feet or legs, don't do this
please. I really think every rider should be taught right up front that the
way the motorcycle turns is (by applying pressure to the bars) and not learn
and perpetuate bad habits (feet-legs) which actually do cause you to
pressure the bars. There might be a few more of us around if we learned this
when we started out.

Paul & Dee agrees