Re: [ST] argh! (was Re: Neutral problems )

Paul Fox wrote:
<snip>
>but now that i'm going to get a new cable, i should probably get a slightly
>longer one to better accomodate my risers, and maybe allow getting rid
>of the 90 degree tubing bend down at the bottom -- i recall the archives
>saying something about that lightening the feel significantly.
>any advice from the "been there's" on what cable i should get?

Paul,

Replace it with a cable from a Sprint ST. It's the fundamentally the same
cable as the stock one on your RS. However, the housing is reversed and the
metal tube with the bend in it is located at the handlebar, rather than at
the engine end.

That condition means a slight re-routing of the cable, and you'll be able to
see it through the "cheese grater" holes in the fairing. Big deal. At least
it's no longer kinked, which is why yours broke. The additional strain of
routing the cable up and down, around the big opening in the fairing is,
IMHO, the leading cause of failure.

If you look carefully at factory photos of the RS, the one where it's loaded
up with all the accessories, it has this cable!

Ken M.
'00 RS......In Spencer MA, where's it's cool as a cucumber.

P.S. - In Massachusetts, it's a rotary. Anywhere else they go in the
anti-NASCAR direction, it's a "roundabout".  :-)