Re: [ST] Motorcycle HIStory

Ahhhhh... thd 1972 Kawasaki H2.  That is my dream bike!  I have a book
called "Classic Superbikes from around the World", and I thought I'd
plagiarize what it says about this bike:

In 'Bike' magazine of November 1984, Mark Williams wrote of the H2 Kawasaki
that "Here is a machine so utterly dedicated to completing the distance from
A to B in the fastest time possible... such acceleration will satisfy the
most mind-wrenched adrenalin addict.'

It was true.  Here was the first mass-produced motorcycle aimed squarely at
the world's nutters.  These things were ferocious;  748cc of pure
exhilaration.  They'd never made two-strokes that big before.  In an age
still reeling from the potency of the latest quarter-litre strokers, one
three times the size, in much the same state of tune, was simply - although
the word wasn't so fashionable at the time - AWESOME."

Sounds like my kind of bike! J

*Sigh*  Someday?  it will be mine!

Scott