[ST] Re: Brake problems, new models

The RS is back, and better than new. It would seem that master cylinder
failure was the main culprit, so I now have a brand new one, fitted free
under warranty. They also replaced the left front disk, which was apparently
out of spec ... slightly warped!

The cause of the failure is still not clear, but my favourite hypothesis now
is that my brakes were binding on the left, cooking the disk and pads on
that side - and maybe boiling the fluid and thereby damaging the seal in the
master cylinder. A friend suggested this idea even before the disk was found
to be warped. I ride through winter salt and crap and several of my bikes
over the years have suffered binding brakes as a result, so although I've
never knowingly boiled the brake fluid before, it seems plausible.

Anyway, it's GREAT to have her back, and I took her on a long ride to
celebrate!

Barry